Cargo Hold January Food Voyage
uShaka Marine World’s Cargo Hold restaurant takes to Tasmania in January, celebrating the isolated island state off Australia’s south coast.
Anyone who has visited Tasmania’s east coast will confirm that this region has a particular quality, which lingers in the memory for at least as long as its incredible natural spaces and scenery—its seafood.
Inventive starters include:
- Salted squid - chilli salted squid and tabbouleh complimented with preserved lemon aioli.
- Smoked salmon Caesar salad - iceberg and cos lettuce, bacon, parmesan, garlic bread and smoked salmon.
- Freshly shucked oysters - 3 oysters served with traditional accompaniments.
- Fish market chowder - line fish, mussels, prawns, ginger, chilli, coriander and seasonal vegetables in a light coconut broth.
Lip-smacking mains include:
- Tasmanian fillet of beef - pan seared fillet of beef served on a caramelized onion mash complimented by a red wine jus.
- Mushroom linguine - roasted brown and button mushrooms, parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts.
- Kassler Steak - served with a warm potato salad, sautéed greens and wholegrain mustard sauce.
- Fisherman’s selection - Classic fried fish, 3 prawns, calamari served with chips and our homemade tartare sauce.
- Sautéed chicken breast - served with mash potato flavoured with truffle oil, sautéed mushrooms and bacon jam.
To round off a perfect evening, dessert options are:
- Galley vanilla ice cream
- Shipwreck chocolate Brule - vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate sauce and caramel brittle
- Tasmanian steamed butterscotch pudding - Warm pudding with butterscotch sauce and coconut sorbet
- Three Sails in the Wind - trio of sorbets, mango, orange and lemon.
Booking is essential! Call 031 328 8065/8066 now.