14 Feb 20 Fun Things to do During Load Shedding
When Eskom pulls the plug on fun at home, we’ve got you covered!
Head on down to the place of #UnlimitedFun and join in on the 20 fun activities that keep going even when the rest of the city is down and out:
- Enjoy a delicious meal – we’ve got at least 15 different eateries with many cooking on gas or powered up by generators.
- Drink an ice cold cocktail looking out over the beautiful Indian Ocean.
- Enjoy our free Wi-Fi – now that’s something!
- Plug into a penguin presentation – there’s plenty to learn about the many African Penguins that call uShaka Marine World home.
- Leap with the dolphins – Share the energy of the beautiful mammals that put on our breathtaking dolphin show daily at the Sea World Dolphin Stadium.
- The Seal deal – take in a fun-filled seal show at the Seal Stadium alongside the Dolphin Stadium.
- Tackle Africa’s largest jungle gym at uShaka Kids World – littlies can work off plenty of energy with loads of Edutainment and enjoy a jam-packed day full of activities and interactive areas.
- Shock yourself at Dangerous Creatures – This 450 square-meter Dangerous Creatures exhibit has been billed as one of the best in the world! Reptile enthusiasts and adrenalin junkies can peek at some of the creepiest creatures on show.
- Visit the 7th largest aquarium in the world – an underwater world of fantastic marine creatures.
- Swing high – uShaka’s Rope Adventure course will thrill you with a series of rope bridges, obstacle courses, climbing nets, zip lines and crossings.
- Relax with a Spa Treatment – no electricity needed for this much-deserved pampering!
- Shop till you drop – uShaka’s Village Walk is a shoppers’ paradise in the open air. Enjoy a plethora of speciality stores – and even feast on some homemade fudge!
- Get a Tattoo – take time out to get inked by some of the best in the industry
- Build a mascot – Create your own uShaka Mascot at our Ocean Buddies store located in the Village Walk. Build it, dress it, give it a voice and lots of love.
- Take the Ocean Express – Hop aboard the Ocean Express, uShaka Marine World’s newest attraction – a mini train that comes with all the romance and enchantment of a bright and fun miniature railroad.
- Feed the fish – Walk in water only waist deep and be surrounded by Spotted eagle rays as you feed them by hand.
- Dive with the sharks – uShaka’s shark cage experience provides plenty of thrills. Some sharks circle the cage whilst others glide slowly past…
- Snorkel with friends – Get up close and personal with some of the most exciting creatures found off the KZN coastline as you explore the nooks and crannies of the Snorkel Lagoon.
- Hire some dive equipment, a surfboard or paddle ski and head for the surf – the waves are still pumping even when the lights are out.
- Checkmate – do some mental aerobics as you tackle an opponent on our life-size chess board in Village Walk near Wimpy.