18 Mar Corona Virus Update – 18 March
Dear Valued Guest of uShaka Marine World,
In light of President Cyril Ramaphosa’s pronouncement on measures to mitigate COVID-19, our primary focus is the safety of guests visiting uShaka Marine World during this time, whilst ensuring that our staff operates in a healthy environment.
We are reaching out because as an uShaka Marine World guest, you are part of the family and during these rapidly changing times, we need to stick together.
Our thoughts are with those affected by the global outbreak of COVID-19. We want you to know that we are closely monitoring the situation and responding to the changes every day, whilst sticking to the guidelines provided by the World Health Organization and the National Department of Health. uShaka Marine World will remain open to the public for normal trading hours, being 9am to 5pm, but we will be scaling down on some of our Tourism offerings because of a need to comply with the President of the country’s pronouncements.
To this end, we are implementing the following plans:
- Bolstering of hygiene measures to ensure health and safety of both our staff and guest
- Continuing to monitor the situation working together with the city and the province
- Continuing to participate in the eThekwini War-room meetings; Provincial JOC meetings and eThekwini Multitask Team meetings to ensure that we remain on top of all developments
- Ensuring that there is no gathering of more than 100 people in the different sections of the Park
Please note that hand sanitizers will be installed at strategic points around the park, including certain designated areas in the Village Walk and the park; having static sanitizer stations throughout the park; and Roving Hygiene Assistants ensuring that sanitizers are readily available.
To avoid having gatherings of more than 100 people, the following will be implemented from 21 March 2020:
Events and Shows
- Dolphin, Seal & Penguin Viewing throughout the day instead of set individual animal Shows. Click here to see the Viewing Times.
- No commentary at feeding and demonstration points.
- All park events have been cancelled.
- uShaka Kids World will be closed from 21 March 2020 – 31 March 2020
- Wet ‘n Wild will be closed from 21 March 2020 – 31 March 2020
All the other sections of the Theme Park will remain open. uShaka Marine World has bolstered hygiene measures throughout the park across the park and throughout the Village Walk. Controlled access will be introduced as part of prioritizing the health and safety of our guests. Management is currently exploring different activities to ensure our guests unlimited fun. Guests are advised to observe safety and health guidelines communicated throughout the premises. uShaka Marine World will continue to observe the principle of Guest First.
To quote our President: “If we act together, if we act now, and if we act decisively, we will overcome.”