29 May Corona Virus Update – Village Walk Opens
As of 1 June, uShaka Village Walk will resume trading, operating under level 3 restrictions. As per regulations specified by the government, limited stores are permitted to trade.
Village Walk is open from Mon to Sun, 9am – 5pm. Stores permitted to trade may have their own specified trading hours, this may change at their own discretion.
To protect the health, safety, and well-being of our customers and personnel working in Village Walk, we are in continuous contact with the relevant local health authorities, and diligently following the World Health Organisation’s recommended preventative protocol and complying with the Lockdown Regulations.
We have introduced the following additional precautionary measures and enhanced cleaning procedures:
- Increased cleaning routines and meticulously disinfecting the common areas and high touch-points of Village Walk, with disinfectants that have the prescribed alcohol content.
- Communicating with our stores regularly, regarding updates and their in-store precautionary measures.
- Security in Village Walk is still a core focus and remains in place.
All shoppers are required to follow the health and safety protocols stipulated by the Government and the National Department of Health. Please comply with these rules, including:
- Wearing a cloth mask/face covering at all times.
- Practicing physical distancing of 1.5 meters.
- Practicing protective hygiene, including washing hands and using sanitisers.
- A limited number of customers will be allowed in stores
Prior to and during your visit to Village Walk, we recommend that you take the following additional precautionary measures:
- Prior to shopping, create a list of the goods you require in categories to avoid unnecessary browsing.
- Contact stores directly prior to your visit to check their trading hours or if you are looking for a specific item or service.
- Avoid browsing and repeatedly picking up and putting down products.
- Make use of the in-store disinfectant wipes when making use of trolleys or baskets.
- If you do feel sick, please stay home and seek medical attention.
- Stay informed, check trusted and reputable sources, and avoid spreading rumors and fake news.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding.