17 Mar Corona Virus Update – 17 March
Dear Valued Guest of uShaka Marine World,
During this worrying time when the Corona (Covid-19) virus is making world headlines, we’d like to reassure you that we are being extra vigilant so that you can have extra fun.
Together with all of Durban’s premier tourism facilities, we are taking precautions to protect our valued visitors, tenants and staff.
Because Corona is spread via droplets and is not an airborne disease, we are doing our utmost to keep any surfaces that our guests could touch as clean as possible. At the same time, we are urging everyone to guard against overreacting and to verify any news about the spread of the virus as there is a great deal of false information doing the rounds.
If you take the following precautions as recommended by our Department of Health, you can also do your bit to protect yourself and your loved ones and ensure that you can still enjoy the last of summer:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
At uShaka Marine World, we have stringent health and safety protocols in place and we are constantly communicating with and educating our staff to ensure they do all they can to both safeguard and reassure our guests.
We are carefully monitoring the situation across the world and are in regular contact with our local health department who has reassured us that there is no reason for healthy folk to stay at home when they could be having fun at uShaka.
Based on their constant updates and guidance, we will continue to take all necessary precautions so that we can confidently welcome you to Africa’s largest and most exciting theme park!