1. The online registration for Mr & Miss uShaka, Miss Junior uShaka, and Mr & Miss Kids World 2019/20, will open from 28 June – 21 July 2019.
2. Age Categories for entry:
3. All entries MUST include:
4. Entries which do not have ALL the above required information will be automatically disqualified.
5. Contestants who meet all the requirements will be invited to one of the Regional Rounds, which will take place on 3 August 2019 (dates subject to change.)
6. Contestants who have participated previously in this pageant and have not taken any title in the category in which they are entering, are allowed to re-enter the competition; however, it remains the sole discretion of DMTP/uShaka Marine World to allow previous contestants to re-enter.
7. uShaka Marine World reserves the right to host an Open Audition to attract more contestants should a need arise, before or after the regional rounds.
8. Contestants MUST be within the appropriate age category to enter and must be within the age category in which they entered, upon crowning on the 5th October 2019 (Mr & Miss Kids World Final) and 12th October 2019 (Mr & Miss uShaka, Miss Junior Final.)
9. Please note uShaka Marine World does not charge a contestant entry fee to enter this competition.
1. The manual registration for Mr & Miss uShaka, Miss Junior uShaka, and Mr & Miss Kids World 2019/20, will open from 2 May – 31 May 2019.
2. Age Categories for entry:
3. All entries MUST include:
4. Contestants MUST be within the appropriate age category to enter and must be within the age category in which they entered, upon crowning on the 5th October 2019 (Mr & Miss Kids World Final) and 12th October 2019 (Mr & Miss uShaka, Miss Junior Final).
5. Contestants who have participated previously in this pageant and have not taken any title in the category in which they are entering, are allowed to re-enter the competition; however, it remains the sole discretion of DMTP/uShaka Marine World to allow previous contestants to re-enter.
6. Please note uShaka Marine World does not charge a contestant entry fee to enter this competition.
The Regional rounds for Mr & Miss uShaka, Miss Junior uShaka, and Mr & Miss Kids World 2019/20, will take place on 3 August 2019 in the following regions (subject to change without notification):
The Talent Round for Mr & Miss Kids World will take place on 10 August 2019, at uShaka Kids World.
All contestants MUST be checked in and registered between 10.00 to 10.30am or they will not be allowed to participate and will, therefore, lose points. This round will start promptly 11.00pm to 14:00pm. (Times and dates subject to change)
The Interview Round for Miss Junior uShaka and Mr & Miss uShaka will take place on 11 August 2019, at uShaka Marine World.
All contestants MUST be checked in between 09:00 am to 10:45am or they will be disqualified.
The Semi-Final round for Mr & Miss uShaka, Miss Junior uShaka, and Mr & Miss Kids World 2019/20, will take place on 17 August at uShaka Marine World.
The official photoshoot for Mr & Miss uShaka, Miss Junior uShaka and Mr & Miss Kids World 2019/20, will take place on 24 August 2019 (Weather dependant)
The Sponsorship round for Mr & Miss uShaka, Miss Junior uShaka 2019/20, will take place from 19 August – 27 September 2019.
Little People’s Choice Voting Round
The Mr & Miss Kids World “Little People’s Choice” 2019/20, will take place from 9 September – 20 September 2019.
The Facebook competition round for Mr & Miss uShaka, Miss Junior uShaka, 2019/20, will take place from 9 September – 30 September 2019.
The Final round for Mr & Miss Kids World 2019/20, will take place on 5 October at, uShaka Marine World (venue to be announced).
The Final round for Mr & Miss uShaka, Miss Junior uShaka 2019/20, will take place on 12 October at uShaka Marine World (venue to be announced).
RULES, DATES & VENUES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Rules are subject to change without notice. The full official contest rules and regulations are available at uShaka Marine World, No 1 King Shaka Avenue, Point Road, Durban 4001 during regular business hours, and on the uShaka website at www.ushakamarineworld.co.za
How do I enter?
Entries will open from 12 July until 28 July 2019.
Just send us an email with your 1. FULL NAME 2. AGE/DOB 3. LOCATION/PHYSICAL
ADDRESS 4. CELL NUMBER 5. EMAIL ADDRESS. 6. GENRE
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org your email should contain the above information.
Entry into the audition is free, but there are a limited number of entries available.
Who CAN enter?
The Audition is open to aspiring DJ’s of all genres, however; uShaka Marine World is a
popular domestic and international tourist destination, therefore your selection of music as
a DJ will be highly judged. DJ’s who can play various genres and can adapt to different
markets i.e. popular music are preferred.
As a DJ at uShaka Marine World you should also be able to speak on the mic, as you will be
expected to make announcements as well as engage with guests.
Who CAN’T enter?
We love the well-known and established DJ’s; however priority will be given to the
undiscovered, unknown DJ talents.
Participants must be 18yrs or older to enter.
Employees of Durban Marine Theme Park (DMTP) otherwise known as uShaka Marine
World, their spouses and/or children, cannot enter this Audition.
How will I know if I have been selected?
Once we have gathered all the entries, we will contact you via email. So keep a lookout for
an email from uShaka, from 28 July 2019. We will then give you the date and time when you
are expected to perform at the audition.
What do i need to bring?
All selected participating DJ’s are to supply their own headphones, laptop, music (on a USB).
If other equipment is used other than that supplied, e.g. own CDJ, points will be deducted
from your final score. The purpose is to provide an even playing field for all DJ’s taking part.
What about the sound?
uShaka Marine World will supply the following and will have a technician on standby.
Can my friends and family come to watch?
Definitely! You are encouraged to bring as many supporters as you can to support you.
Who are the judges?
The judges are yet to be confirmed.
What will i be judged on?
DJs will be scored on: Choice of music, mixing ability, hosting ability and audience
engagement. So bring you’re A-GAME!
VULGAR and Offensive Language is strictly prohibited! Should any of your music contain
any vulgar language as deemed so by the judges, points will be deducted (up to -20 points)
from your final score, and music will be stopped. You will be given only 1 more chance to
perform on the day, however, this decision will be left up to the judges to make.
It is therefore important to know what music you are playing, and if playing in a different
language, it is your responsibility as a DJ to know what the lyrics mean.
It is your responsibility as a DJ to act professionally. Should you arrive late for the sessions as
per time communicated, the judges reserve the right to:
It is important to remember that this audition is for a working contract at uShaka Marine
World. Therefore professionalism and time keeping are of utmost importance.
How much time will I have to perform?
Each DJ will be given sufficient time (up to 8 minutes), so prep your music accordingly as you
may be asked to play longer. However, the judges reserve the right to “STOP DECKS” should
they feel that the music or performance of the DJ is vulgar or offensive or is not up to the
required minimum standards. So choose your playlist carefully, watch what you say and
bring your A-Game.
If the judges STOP DECKS the particpant will immediately be eliminated and not scored.
Is there a specific genre selected?
There is no specific genre. We are open to all genres, as long as the music is entertaining
and is not vulgar or offensive. Be it, Popular Music, Gqom, RAVE, HOUSE, HIP-HOP, RnB we
want to hear you play it. However it is vitally important that you are able to mix
different music styles for different audiences and remember that uShaka
Marine World is a family orientated destination.
What happens after the Auditions?
Once you have been selected to be part of the uShaka Resident DJ’s list, you will be required
to follow the following steps:
Contact person for queries?
If you have any queries, e-mail the Themba Gazu: email@example.com or 031 3288000
NB: uShaka Marine World reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event/s due to weather conditions
and/or unforeseen circumstances. Terms and conditions of the event may be updated or changed as it is
deemed necessary. Should there be changes, uShaka will communicate the updated Terms and Conditions/
Audition rules and format to all the Partcipants.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Reward Yourself! Get FREE TICKETS to Sea World at uShaka Marine World by simply spending R500 or more, collectively, at any Landside retail store(s) at King Shaka International Airport in one day. Campaign runs from 1 May until 30 June2019, or WHILE STOCKS LAST!
By participating in King Shaka International Airport’s Reward Yourself! promotion, participants agree to the Terms and Conditions as set out below. The promoter reserves the right to unilaterally disqualify any participant who does not comply with any of these Terms and Conditions, as said by the promoter.
All risk and responsibility towards the prize will pass over to the participant as soon as the prize is handed over.
Nobody can claim on behalf of any customer.
Participation in this uShaka events is entirely at your own risk. The organizers and venue accept no responsibility whatsoever for injury, death, loss or damage of any nature to persons, vehicles or belongings, even in case of negligence. Due care has been taken in making sure that events are safe and secure. All details relating to uShaka events are subject to change without notice. Right of admission reserved.